Thursday, February 10, 2011

72 DAYS TO GO . . .

     THURSDAY FEBRUARY 10, 2011

     START A CRUISE BOX.  WHAT'S A CRUISE BOX?  WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE.  I STARTED WITH A CARDBOARD PRINTER PAPER BOX.  THE KIND THAT HOLDS A CASE OF PRINTER PAPER.  PICK WHATEVER YOU WANT.  USE A CARRY-ON PIECE OF LUGGAGE.  A BIG BAG.  GO TO STAPLES AND BUY A BOX THAT YOU THINK WORKS BEST FOR YOU.  THE IDEA IS THAT THERE WILL BE CERTAIN TIMES WHEN YOU HAVE AN IDEA OR SOMETHING IN YOUR HAND THAT YOU KNOW LENDS TO YOUR CRUISE.  SO PUT IN THE BOX.  I'M A PLANNER BY NATURE, SO DOING THIS KIND OF THING SUITS ME TO A T.  I'VE ALREADY STARTED PUTTING TOILETRIES IN MINE!  lol  YOU SEE I DON'T REALLY HAVE MUCH NEED FOR TRAVEL SIZE TOILETRIES, BUT I WILL FOR THE 5 DAYS I'M AWAY.  I FILLED MY SON'S CHRISTMAS STOCKING WITH A LOT OF CRUISE THINGS AS WELL.  SUNTAN LOTION, SWIM GOGGLES, SUNGLASSES, TRADING PINS.  ALL OF THIS KIND OF STUFF HAS ALREADY GONE INTO MY CRUISE BOX.  IT'S NOT LIKE YOU CAN'T GO IN AND OUT OF IT WHENEVER YOU WANT, BUT YOU KNOW WHERE THESE THINGS ARE AT ALL TIMES BY DOING IT AS YOU GO TOO.
     I'VE SAVED A MANILA ENVELOPE AND PIECE OF MAILING CARDBOARD FOR BRINGING SHUTTERS PHOTOS I MAY PURCHASE ON BOARD BACK HOME WITH ME.  I'VE PUT AWAY OUR FLIP-FLOPS, BINOCULARS, PIRATE COSTUMES, NOTE PADS AND THANK YOU NOTES.  IT CONTINUES TO GROW AS THE TRIP GROWS CLOSER AND I CONTINUE TO COME ACROSS THINGS I MEAN, OR NEED, TO PUT ASIDE.  I'M A LIST MAKER, SO IT'S NOT LIKE I WOULDN'T HAVE MORE THAN MY SHARE OF LISTS PRIOR TO PACKING AND LEAVING TO CHECK AND DOUBLE CHECK TO MAKE SURE I HAVE IT ALL, BUT KEEPING IT ALL TOGETHER IS A HELP FOR ANYONE.  PLUS YOU CAN DECIDE WHAT YOU WANT YOUR CRUISE BOX TO BE ABOUT.  IT COULD BE GIFTS FOR YOUR FAMILY FOR ON-BOARD THAT YOU FIND AS YOU COUNT DOWN TO YOUR TRIP.  IT COULD BE THINGS TO HELP BUILD THE ANTICIPATION AS YOU GET CLOSER.  IT COULD JUST BE THINGS TO SAVE YOU FROM SPENDING MORE MONEY WHEN YOU'RE ON-BOARD.  THAT'S THE FUN OF IT.  MAKE IT WHAT YOU WANT.  IT DOESN'T HAVE TO BE A LABOR OR AN EVERYDAY EVENT.  AS A MATTER OF FACT, THE MORE INFREQUENT IT IS, THE MORE PUNCH IT'S LIABLE TO HAVE.  I OPENED MINE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN WEEKS TODAY.  I DID A PHONE PITCH WITH THE DISNEY VACATION CLUB THE OTHER DAY AND THEY SENT ME OUT THEIR PRINTED MATERIAL PACKET.  INSIDE WAS A KIDS DISNEY COLORING BOOK.  LOW AND BEHOLD, SOME OF THE PICTURES WERE CHARACTERS ON THE CRUISE!  AND I WAS GOING TO BUY A COLORING BOOK ON-BOARD BECAUSE I HEARD IT WAS CUTE AND REALLY INEXPENSIVE (COMPARED TO MOST THINGS ON-BOARD).  NOW THAT'S ALREADY DONE TOO AND I CAN ADD IT TO MY SON'S BIRTHDAY PRESENT ON-BOARD.
     SO HAVE FUN WITH IT.  WRAP YOUR BOX IF YOU WANT.  COLOR IT.  COVER IT IN STICKERS, BELLS, AND WHISTLES.  REMEMBER IT'S A VACATION.  DESPITE ALL THE MONEY AND WORK IT TAKES, IT'S ABOUT ENJOYING YOURSELF, BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER!
     SEE YA REAL SOON!   ºOº

No comments:

Post a Comment